This workshop delivers a clear, quick and structured way of creating a complete understanding of the company’s value stream(s), together with the leaders of the company.
This is a 2-day event for any company that wants to understand, as well as describe, how value and revenue are created in their company.
The workshop gives the attendees a complete understanding of:
- Who the customers are
- Which customer needs are satisfied
- Which values are created
- How revenue is created
- Which activities, tools or services are involved
The attendees leave the workshop with a clear understanding of their business, knowing how to identify bottlenecks and optimise the flow and TTM (Time to Market).
The major benefit you will gain upon completing this workshop is that you will have described the process(es) that leads to value creation in your company. This includes a clarification of, as well as an agreement on, the customer needs we satisfy and the income this generates for your company.
You get clarity about which activities are part of each step in the process and which activities we would like to introduce or change to improve the process
You get clarity about which services, tools or products to use in each activity in the process and what we would like to introduce or change to improve the process
You get agreement and alignment from each stakeholder, as well as visualised process(es) that you can use to measure your Time to Market (TTM)
You get full understanding, for all concerned, of the corporate value stream(s) and the factors that impacts TTM
The delivery of a successful workshop would be achieved through the following four steps:
The workshop is time-boxed with an organised approach and is based on pre-workshop preparations by you.
- We will provide you with relevant guidance that will assist in preparing the pre-workshop information to be used by us in this workshop
- We will review the results of the preparations provided by you at least one week prior to the workshop. It’s possible that further consultation with you, or your management, is required to enhance the preparations prior to the workshop
- We will conduct the workshop in seven parts, as described below
- We will comprehensively document the insights and results of the workshop and furnish them to you for implementation
The workshop will be executed in seven sessions:
The workshop will be led by one of our workshop leaders and will be conducted in English. All the documentation relating to the workshop will be in English.
It is preferable for the workshop session to be held in an external conference facility in a calm environment that ensures adequate focus. Conference-related costs are not included in the fee and will be borne by the customer.
- Presentation of pre-workshop preparations
– The customer presents the current description of their customer(s) and their needs
- Operational value stream
– Which needs are we satisfying in our value stream?
– Which values are we creating that are generating income (direct or indirect)
– Which activities are currently performed in every step of the process?
– Which activities should we be performing?
- Services, products & tools
– What do we currently use to perform the activities above?
– What should we be using?
– Which services, products or tools are under our control
– Which services, products or tools should be under our control
– Which IT-systems or programs are we currently using to perform the activities above?
– Which IT-systems or programs should we be using to perform the activities above?
– Which systems are currently under our control?
– Which systems should be under our control?
- Time to Market
– How do we currently measure our TTM?
– How can we optimise our TTM?
- Measure the process
– Practice a simple tool to measure the effectiveness of the process
Each of the sessions builds on one another. Therefore, it’s vital that the attendees participate in all the sessions. The result of the workshop will be comprehensively documented in MS PowerPoint and delivered to you in PDF format within a week of the workshop completion.
- Theory of operational Value Streams – Part 1
- Management presentation – Our customers and their needs
- What is our Operational Value Stream?
- The steps of our Operational Value Stream
- The activities in the Operational Value Stream
- Recap & operational Value Stream theory – Part 2
- Services, Products & Tools
- The systems
- System information flow & TTM
- Next steps
For each course delivered there will be a minimum attendance fee of €11,000.00. This fee includes up to 10 attendees. The fee for additional attendees, up to a maximum of 15, would be charged at €600 per attendee.
2-Day Company-specific Workshop
Not for individuals | No Agile experience necessary
Enquire about this workshop for your company
Practicality and experience of the instructor balance between listening and doing.Gokhan
Learned stuff to take home - will do this with teams liked the valuation to items on backlogCors
This gave us a great toolkit to value what we, as a company, should focus on nextUnknown
The instructor was extremely experienced and knowledgeable.Chris Kuÿper
The best takeaway for me was the focus on working from company vision all the way back to the backlog. And the relation between all these steps.Mark Van Meurs
I found the joint conversations on the topics very useful.Jeroen Baks
We went through a lot of topics and now have a good overview of what agile meansUnknown
This course was near to the practice. The instructor was very flexible to accommodate our tight time schedule.Unknown
Instructors energy. Involvement of the audience. Good exercises with proper time sectionMarco Tonino
This was a very good overview in a compressed schedule.Unknown