The workshop is also extremely well suited for developing a product strategy.
This 2-day workshop takes you through our proprietary 7-step method for developing a strategy. It is for any company or department that wants to understand and align around their corporate vision and develop a strategy to fulfill it.
Step 1: Preparatory work presentation
Step 2: Vision
Step 3: Diagnosis
Step 4: Goal(s)
Step 5: Guiding Principles
Step 6: Deliverables
Step 7: Activities
Unlike the standard approach across the industry, where complicated analysis and lengthy reporting is the norm, our workshop offers a very clear, fast and structured way of describing the corporate vision, developing a strategy to fulfill it and get “buy-in”, together with the leaders of the company. You will leave the workshop with a clear focus on what to do and where to start.
An overriding benefit of completing this workshop is that you leave with a complete strategy, including your immediate execution steps and who will carry them out.
Even the closest management team will have differing views about the practices covered in this workshop. These are brought to the surface and dealt with until alignment is reached
Collectively, you will reach an agreement about which deliverables are the most important, bringing focus across all the teams
Clear, prioritised, list of actions, assigned to the participants of the workshop, will increase the quality of your teams’ execution
Your organisation will leave the workshop with agreed metrics, which will accurately help with measuring progress
The delivery of a successful workshop would be achieved through the following four steps:
The workshop is time-boxed with an organised approach and is based on pre-workshop preparations by you. The duration of this workshop is two full days and the fee is fixed and pre-agreed. The workshop will be conducted by a highly-trained and certified Force Agile professional.
- We will provide you with relevant guidance that will assist in preparing the pre-workshop information to be used by us in this workshop
- We will review the results of the preparations provided by you at least one week prior to the workshop. It’s possible that further consultation with you, or your management, is required to enhance the preparations prior to the workshop
- We will conduct the workshop in seven parts, as described below
- We will comprehensively document the insights and results of the workshop and furnish them to you for implementation
The workshop will be executed in seven sessions:
The workshop will be led by one of our workshop leaders and will be conducted in English. All the documentation relating to the workshop will be in English.
It is preferable for the workshop session to be held in an external conference facility in a calm environment that ensures adequate focus. Conference-related costs are not included in the fee and will be borne by the customer.
- Presentation of pre-workshop preparations
– The customer presents their current vision
– Where do we want to be in 3-5 years from now?
– Where are we now?
– What does the world around us look like?
– What has an impact on our priorities?
– When should we have reached our goals?
– What has happened to our business?
– What has an impact on our priorities?
– Where are we financially?
- Guiding Principles
– Guidelines to follow on the way to the goal
– Helps us make decisions as we follow the path to the goal
- High level Deliverables
– What needs to be delivered for the goals to be reached?
– Epics, Features and Enablers will describe what we need to deliver
– What do we need to do to deliver the epics and enablers?
Each of the sessions builds on one another. Therefore, it’s vital that the attendees participate in all the sessions. The result of the workshop will be comprehensively documented in MS PowerPoint and delivered to you in PDF format within a week of the workshop completion.
- Welcome & Introduction
- The surprising truth about what drives us
- Where are we today and how did we get here?
- Where do we want to be in five years? Output: Management vision
- A high-performing team
- Exercise: The Sun. Output: Our common vision
- Good strategy vs. Bad strategy. The elements of a good strategy
- Exercise: SWOT analysis. Output: Awareness
- Exercise: Stars, Dogs and Cows. Output: Diagnosis – Where are we today and what do we prioritise?
- Exercise: Postcard from the future – or film script. Output: Goal(s) – Where do we want to be in three years? What does our business look like? What do we prioritise?
- Exercise: Over & Under the surface. Output: Goals on the way to the sun
- The greatest game of rugby ever played
- Guiding policies. Will help us make correct and quick decisions on the way
- Greatness in leadership and execution. Decentralised decision making
- Optional exercise: Business Value Model. Output: Deliverables – Where do we want to be in three years? What does our business look like? What do we prioritise?
- Cost of Delay – Can we afford to wait? Output: Prioritisation method
- Exercise: Weighted Shortest Job First. Prioritise our deliverables
- Exercise: Building our backlog. Output: Activities
For each course delivered there will be a minimum attendance fee of €11,000.00. This fee includes up to 10 attendees. The fee for additional attendees, up to a maximum of 15, would be charged at €600 per attendee.
2-Day Company-specific Workshop
Not for individuals | No Agile experience necessary
Enquire about this workshop for your company
Practicality and experience of the instructor balance between listening and doing.Gokhan
Learned stuff to take home - will do this with teams liked the valuation to items on backlogCors
This gave us a great toolkit to value what we, as a company, should focus on nextUnknown
Instructors energy. Involvement of the audience. Good exercises with proper time sectionMarco Tonino
The instructor was extremely experienced and knowledgeable.Chris Kuÿper
The best takeaway for me was the focus on working from company vision all the way back to the backlog. And the relation between all these steps.Mark Van Meurs
I found the joint conversations on the topics very useful.Jeroen Baks
We went through a lot of topics and now have a good overview of what agile meansUnknown
This course was near to the practice. The instructor was very flexible to accommodate our tight time schedule.Unknown
This was a very good overview in a compressed schedule.Unknown