Designed for any group that wants to understand what a team, or an entire delivery body, needs to do to mature, master innovation, and deliver true customer value.
The Roles in Depth – Climbing the Maturity Staircase workshops are two 1-day events.
There are two versions of this workshop:
- Focus on the delivery body level
- Focus on the team level
During both versions, the attendees get a deep understanding of the factors that impact agile maturity on the respective levels. This is done by assessing a large number of criteria on the different maturity levels:
- Delivery engine
- Value engine
- Innovation engine
We do not assume that everyone knows how to work together from the beginning. We, therefore, emphasize that agile maturity takes time, sometimes several years. Our experience has helped us not only understand the challenges but also what can be done by teams and organisations to mature and establish a healthy way of working (WoW).
The attendees leave the workshop with a clear picture of their weaknesses and what needs to be done to grow as a team or organisation. Moving forward, they also have a large number of criteria to work with.
Understand what it takes for a delivery organisation (delivery bodies or teams) to mature and how to achieve it
Learn how to assess your own organisation and how to identify its current maturity level and weaknesses
Get access to hundreds of maturity criteria designed to help you and your team plan and track your progress
Learn how to apply the correct coaching and leadership practices on certain types of weaknesses or behaviours for effective results
The delivery of a successful workshop would be achieved through the following four steps:
This workshop can also be delivered as a course, in which case there would be no assessment of your organisation. We would simply go through the criteria for the different maturity levels and learn how to utilise them in a correct manner. The workshop is time-boxed with an organised approach and is based on pre-workshop preparations by you.
- We will provide you with relevant guidance that will assist in preparing the pre-workshop information to be used by us in this workshop
- We will review the results of the preparations provided by you at least one week prior to the workshop. It’s possible that further consultation with you, or your management, is required to enhance the preparations prior to the workshop
- We will conduct the workshop in seven parts, as described below
- We will comprehensively document the insights and results of the workshop and furnish them to you for implementation
The duration of both versions of this workshop is one full day and the fee is fixed and pre-agreed. The workshop will be conducted by a highly-trained and certified Force Agile professional.
The workshop will be executed in four sessions:
The workshop will be led by one of our workshop leaders and will be conducted in English. All the documentation relating to the workshop will be in English.
It is preferable for the workshop session to be held in an external conference facility in a calm environment that ensures adequate focus. Conference-related costs are not included in the fee and will be borne by the customer.
- Presentation of pre-workshop preparations
– You present your delivery organisation and its current maturity level(s)
- The maturity staircase
– A walkthrough of the different maturity levels, what constitutes them and their respective acceptance criteria
- The maturity criteria
– We go through all criteria and look at different ways to categorise them
– Learning what to do when a criterion is not met and what it means
- Maturity assessment
– Learn how to perform a maturity assessment
– Assessing your organisation (for Workshop version only)
The result of the workshop will be comprehensively documented in MS PowerPoint and delivered to you in PDF format within a week of the workshop completion.
- Customer presentation – Your organisation
- Organisational theory
- What maturity means in a delivery organisation
- The maturity staircase
- Criteria for different levels of maturity
- What happens when a criterion is not met
- What to do about criterion that are not met
- How to perform a maturity assessment
- Assessing your organisation
- Summary and next steps
For each course delivered there will be a minimum attendance fee of €5,500.00. This fee includes up to 10 attendees. The fee for additional attendees, up to a maximum of another 15, would be charged at €300 per attendee.
1-Day (2 versions) Company-specific Workshop
Not for individuals | Fundamental agile knowledge necessary
Enquire about this workshop for your company
Practicality and experience of the instructor balance between listening and doing.Gokhan
Learned stuff to take home - will do this with teams liked the valuation to items on backlogCors
This gave us a great toolkit to value what we, as a company, should focus on nextUnknown
The instructor was extremely experienced and knowledgeable.Chris Kuÿper
The best takeaway for me was the focus on working from company vision all the way back to the backlog. And the relation between all these steps.Mark Van Meurs
I found the joint conversations on the topics very useful.Jeroen Baks
We went through a lot of topics and now have a good overview of what agile meansUnknown
This course was near to the practice. The instructor was very flexible to accommodate our tight time schedule.Unknown
Instructors energy. Involvement of the audience. Good exercises with proper time sectionMarco Tonino
This was a very good overview in a compressed schedule.Unknown