The Organisational Design Workshop is designed for any company that wants to build a delivery organisation optimised for delivering customer value at very high speed.
During this workshop, we help the attendees create a delivery organisation, which is “fit for purpose” and optimised for delivery and communication.
Unlike many organisations that take a traditional hierarchical approach, we help the company to create an organisation that’s optimised for delivering true value directly to the customers, with a minimal TTM (Time to Market).
The attendees leave the workshop with a clear understanding of what a delivery organisation, that’s optimised for their business, should look like.
Before this workshop, it is necessary for the attendees to know what their corporate value streams are and provide a description of them to the Force Agile team. If such a description does not exist, one can be created in our Value Stream Identification Workshop. It is also necessary to know the corporate strategic themes or guiding policies. If descriptions of the strategic themes or guiding policies do not exist, then they can be created in our Vision and Strategy Workshop.
An in-depth, gap-analysis of your current vs. future skills and competencies gives you an accurate baseline for talent optimisation
A clear understanding of the skills and competencies needed to build the organisation empowers accurate change
On completing this workshop you will have a blueprint for a delivery organisation that’s optimised for your value stream(s)
The delivery of a successful workshop would be achieved through the following four steps:
This workshop is time-boxed with an organised approach and is based on pre-workshop preparations conducted by you.
- We will provide you with relevant guidance that will assist in preparing the pre-workshop information to be used by us in this workshop
- We will review the results of the preparations provided by you at least one week prior to the workshop. It’s possible that further consultation with you, or your management, is required to enhance the preparations prior to the workshop
- We will conduct the workshop in seven parts, as described.
- We will comprehensively document the insights and results of the workshop and furnish them to you for implementation
The duration of the workshop is two full days, the fee is fixed and pre-agreed. The workshop will be conducted by a highly-trained and certified Force Agile professional.
The workshop will be executed in seven sessions:
The workshop will be led by one of our workshop leaders and will be conducted in English. All the documentation relating to the workshop will be in English.
It is preferable for the workshop session to be held in an external conference facility in a calm environment that ensures adequate focus. Conference-related costs are not included in the fee and will be borne by the customer.
- Presentation of pre-workshop preparations
– You present your current description of your value stream(s)
– If a detailed description of the corporate value stream(s) does not exist, this can be created in the Force Agile workshop, Value Stream identification
– You present your current strategic themes
– If a detailed description of the strategic themes does not exist, this can be created in the Force Agile workshop, Vision and Strategy
- Organisational theory
– A walkthrough of some organisational patterns and their respective purposes
– What are your (large) deliverables over the next year or more?
– Do they map to the strategic themes?
- The delivery bodies
– A delivery body consists of between 30 to150 people. How many of these do we need?
– What skills and disciplines should they possess?
- The teams
– Each delivery body contains 3 to15 teams. Which skills and disciplines do we need in each team?
– What is the difference between the skill-set possessed by your staff currently versus what is ultimately desired?
– What kind of organisation can we build now?
– What kind of organisation shall we aim for?
- The persons in the teams
– We build the teams
Each session builds on one another. Therefore, it’s important that the attendees participate in all the sessions. The result of the workshop will be comprehensively documented in MS PowerPoint and delivered to you in PDF format within a week of the workshop completion.
- Management presentation – Your value stream(s) and guiding policies
- Theory of organisational design… Part 1
- The deliverables
- The delivery bodies
- The teams… Part 1
- Recap & theory of organisational design… Part 2
- The teams… Part 2
- Build the teams
- Next steps
- Summary & close
For each course delivered there will be a minimum attendance fee of €11,000.00. This fee includes up to 10 attendees. The fee for additional attendees, up to a maximum of 15, would be charged at €600 per attendee.
2-Day Company-specific Workshop
Not for individuals | No Agile experience necessary
Enquire about this workshop for your company
Practicality and experience of the instructor balance between listening and doing.Gokhan
Learned stuff to take home - will do this with teams liked the valuation to items on backlogCors
This gave us a great toolkit to value what we, as a company, should focus on nextUnknown
The instructor was extremely experienced and knowledgeable.Chris Kuÿper
The best takeaway for me was the focus on working from company vision all the way back to the backlog. And the relation between all these steps.Mark Van Meurs
I found the joint conversations on the topics very useful.Jeroen Baks
We went through a lot of topics and now have a good overview of what agile meansUnknown
This course was near to the practice. The instructor was very flexible to accommodate our tight time schedule.Unknown
Instructors energy. Involvement of the audience. Good exercises with proper time sectionMarco Tonino
This was a very good overview in a compressed schedule.Unknown