Understand how to improve your capacity, quality and profitability by learning to optimize the steps that constitute your value streams
To understand your value streams is business critical
To do systematic and continuous business improvement, you need to understand how value is created and the steps and processes that constitute your value creation.
Upgrades or changes are needed to improve
In order to actually improve and define new best practices, changes in the value streams are often needed.
The objective of this course is to use the principles of Value Stream Mapping to identify, document, prioritize and improve on processes in the value streams. To highlight that the work is more important than just drawing a current and future state map, this course is named “Value Stream Analysis and Mapping”, or VSAM for short.
Value streams must change when doing digital transformations
Also, in digital transformations, making analog processes digital are far from sufficient. Knowledge on how to optimize the value streams is needed. Some major digital transformation frameworks are not specific on the importance of these issues and even less specific on how to actually do the value stream analysis and create more efficient value streams in practice.
About this course
Upon completion of the course, you will be in a position to:
- Get a holistic and customer centric approach on how to optimize value flow
- Learn why value stream improvements can provide major capacity gains, quality improvements and, increased profitability
- Understand the building blocks of Value Streams
- Get to know the step-by-step Lean-agile opproach to VSAM
- How to organize VSAM events
- Roles and responsibilities in the VSAM events
- Understand the tight connection between digital transformations and VSAM
- Tighten the gaps within major digital transformation frameworks on VSAM and learn the best practices to fill thosee gaps
This is what’s included when you book this course:
- Course workbook, containing full-colour slides with notes and explanations of images and exercises
- Course certificate of completion
Attendance of the course:
- This course is open to all individuals. There is no requirement for prior experience in Value Stream Analysis and Mapping. Typical attendees have the following background: Operational leaders, scrum masters, product owners, product managers, team members, product and service developers, internal coaches, and sales and marketing professionals.